Question: H-Pylori Treatment

Narda99 - Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:45 pm

This is my fourth day on H-Pylori treatment which is the following: Clarithromycin 500, Methronidazole 500, Carafate (before meals and at bedtime) and Nexium 40 twice a day. I am still not getting any relief from the gnawing pain in my stomach. When do I start to feel better?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:18 pm

User avatar Hi Narda99,

Treatment of H. Pylori is a long course (2-3 weeks) with 3-4 medicines as you are finding out. It can take 7-10 days to start to see some effects of the medicines and feel better. In some cases it may take a full treatment course before things begin to get better.

If you're not feeling better in the next week or so I would recommend you talk with your doctor.