Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: Endoscopic results

littlebarty - Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:36 am

I an updating you on my Endoscope results-

the found redness in my esophagus, and did 3 biopseys.I won't know the results for a week. I go back to see my regular doc in 3 weeks.

My question is- I have developed painful swollowing after my test yesterday- it hurts to swollow water even. Can I take tylenol? To help relieve this? Or should I call and tell them this has occured? Or wait and see if it clears up on its own?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:18 pm

User avatar This sounds pretty normal so I wouldn't worry and yes, you should be able to take Tylenol or generic acetaminophen for the discomfort. I would not expect it to last more than a couple of days but if it does, you should talk to your doctor.