Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Full Felling All the time...food not digesting

bellavdope - Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:04 pm

18 Female

For the past few weeks i have been feeling like whenever i eat...even small amounts of food i find myself feeling overstuffed and feeling like i just ate even hours lafter the meal.I also suffer from random vomiting spells after i eat and notice that i have not been having the urge to make a bowel movement and i am extremely bloated around my stomach most of the time...is there any specific name for the symptoms i have and what can i do to fix this problem???
 SirWence - Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:30 pm

It sounds like it could be gastroparesis, you should get yourself checked out.
 bunny007 - Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:48 pm

2 days ago I developed similar symptoms. I have horrible hunger pains, but as soon as I eat even a tiny amount I feel extremely full and the pains get even worse. My stomach bloats up terribly. I am having somewhat regular bowel movements, though more often than usual. I have not changed my diet in the last few weeks., last night I had a bowl of soup and ate about 1/4 cup before I felt like I had eaten a 16 oz steak. The feeling lasts for a couple hours. I can't even drink water without getting the same feeling.

any advice would be great. I am uninsured and living abroad right now. I am a 38 year old female with a family history of diabetis and gall bladder disease.
 Nanse - Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:51 am

Please check out pancreatitis symptoms. Much of what you describe in these posts sound like symptoms of pancreatitis.

Best wishes

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us