Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Stomach issues

SirWence - Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:47 pm

Hello I am 21 male. I weigh roughly 175 lbs and am about 6ft tall.

I have had past diagnoses of slow motility and anxiety and GERD.

No family history of problems though.

Lately I have been waking up in the morning and having heart burn and feeling full. Also I have been having pains on both sides of the abdomen and my stools seem to switch from soft and floating to hard and pellet like. And another thing is I can burp often, and it.. I do not know how to describe the sound of the burp other then 'weird' I average roughly 1 bowel movement a day.

Sometimes the pain can go up to the ribs sometimes its just on the sides.

Thank you for any advice.
 SirWence - Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:22 pm

I forgot to add that I can have a period where I feel full quickly and a period where I simply can't get full even after a large meal.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us