Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: Bowel Movement

theroseg - Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:20 pm

Hi I'm 28,Female,was diagnosed with Gall Stones,had a C-section in Dec.

I believe I had a bowel movement through both my anus and vagina.I thought I had urinate while I was having the bowel movement and when I was done it burned but I thought that I had a UTI because I had just had my period for the first time since I had my daughter.When I wiped,first my anus front to back then my vagina front to back the toilet paper(well for lack of better words) had poop on it.

I'm not in any pain what should I do?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:03 pm

User avatar Hi Theroseg,

Occasionally connections can form between the rectum and vagina called fistulas. If this occurs again I would recommend you see your gynecologist for an examination to look for the presence of these fistulas.

These can be treated but the real question is why did it develop (if it did). Your doctor can help guide this evaluation as well.