Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Weight Loss

kkinj405 - Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:38 am

Im 21 year old female, within the past two months i have lost a minimum of 15 lbs. I have not changed my diet and i have not changed my diet in any way!! I have had previous surgeries, including a bowel resection and appendectomy about 4 years ago. I was just wondering if this was normal, i went to the doctor about 1 1/2 months ago for a check up and weighed about 125, i just currently went back in and found that i weighed under 110 lbs. if you could just let me know if this is a normal occurance that would be great.

Kelly
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:04 pm

User avatar This would not be considered normal in the absence of any diet or exercise change. I wonder if you have a thyroid problem or some type of absorption deficiency. You should see your doctor about any unexplained weight loss. Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us