Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Stuck feeling is back

littlebarty - Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:30 am

I am 33 yr old female w/ a diagnosis of Acid Reflux. No surgery- I had a endo done in Early Oct. It was normal-

I have had a stuck throat feeling since August- it went away in Oct after I started taking Prilosec- 20 mg 2x a day. And is now back. Along with the other things that went along with it the first time. Gas, nausea, bowel problems, fatigue.

I am wondering what else could be the problem? I am frustrate as to why this isn't going away- it was a nice break for that month!

Any insites would be helpful- My doctor is suppose to be calling me later today- to talk to me about this too.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:51 am

User avatar Hello,
I'm sorry you are still having problems and I'm glad you have contacted your doctor about it. You may need some additional studies to discover the problem. I cannot begin to guess what is wrong, but surely they will be able to help you. Perhaps a different medication will be in order.

Best wishes and good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us