Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: anal bleeding

naz123 - Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:15 am

I am an 18yr old male, who has had sex many of times with males. my current boyfriend and i have had anal sex and never before have i seen blood, until tonight.
When do i know when it has stopped?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:46 am

User avatar Hello Naz123,

Thank you for posting your question. How much blood are we talking about and is it continuing or has it stopped. If its still there or you continue to have pain then you need to be examined. If not and you are currently in no pain or bleeding then it is advisable to refrain from anal intercourse for a while to give the wound a chance to heal.