Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Lower right ab pain - worried

pottyandy - Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:55 am

Hello, im 16 male and have had a pain in my lower right ab for 6 days, its not constant and hasent gotten any worse.

I havent been sick and im eating normal, i went to the gym on day one so that could count.

Im scared of appendicitis, theres not much explanantion on the pain it is on websites, i mean over 6 days it would of put me in agony by now wouldnt it?

it only hurts when im walking about and doesnt always hurt. its like a prickly/stitch typeish pain and feels like its in my muscle its not like a dull ache or servere pain,

o- Had it 6 days
o- Not constant - only when walking about and not always hurts.
o- not intense or servere
o- went to the gym day 1
o- no sickness or eating problems

thanks im just abit of a worrier with things.

thanks
 pottyandy - Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:22 pm

Ill also add when i rub the area gently it doesnt hurt when walking :S , im thinking strained muscle? it can kind of be tight not sure,

thanks

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us