Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: Sudden rectal pain, sometimes with penis pain

ProCD - Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:23 pm

I started having a sudden rectal pain, and I have no idea what the cause is. The pain is very acute, like something is cutting or perforating the rectum. This pain sometimes is also felt on the penis.

I have not had sexual intercourse in the past 3-4 months because my fiancée is out of the country; however I have the feeling it was after I masturbated that I started feeling these pains.

There is not blood in the urine or the anus, and the feces are of normal consistency.

I am a 25-year old male.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:05 pm

User avatar More likely than not this is a type of muscle spasm that occurs in a small percentage of people. It is harmless other than the sharp pain you describe. It comes and goes, sometimes in clusters with months in between.

Without any other symptoms, I would not be alarmed about it.