Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Sudden rectal pain, sometimes with penis pain

ProCD - Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:23 pm

I started having a sudden rectal pain, and I have no idea what the cause is. The pain is very acute, like something is cutting or perforating the rectum. This pain sometimes is also felt on the penis.

I have not had sexual intercourse in the past 3-4 months because my fiancée is out of the country; however I have the feeling it was after I masturbated that I started feeling these pains.

There is not blood in the urine or the anus, and the feces are of normal consistency.

I am a 25-year old male.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:05 pm

User avatar More likely than not this is a type of muscle spasm that occurs in a small percentage of people. It is harmless other than the sharp pain you describe. It comes and goes, sometimes in clusters with months in between.

Without any other symptoms, I would not be alarmed about it.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us