Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: Snake like stools

Averagedude - Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:52 am

Hello, Im 21, eat Fiber One cereal as often as I can and usually have one bowel movement a day. I don't smoke at all and I don't drink often. I am very physically active.

I have had thin stools for a while now, Almost going on a year. I have no anal bleeding and about a year ago a girl and I sexually experimented and stuck a penis sized object in my rectum. It was uncomfortable and only inserted maybe 3-4 inches at most. Ever sense then I have had a horrible time with issues from "ED" (probably psychological) and identity issues.

Besides being in my head to much the only real (viewable) problems I have had are thin stools, almost every time I void. IS it possible this may have damaged something "in there" to cause me to have thin stools. Again, there was no noticable bleeding. That incident was not the first time I ever experimented with anal foreplay, and once when I was younger did experience bleeding. After this "longer ago" incident my stools seemed normal till the most recent "experience".

can something like this cause colon cancer?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:21 pm

User avatar Hi Averagedude,

Sometimes thin stools can be an indication of a narrowing of the intestines. With your trauma to the intestines it is possible that you may have developed some scar tissue that could be causing the narrowing.

I would recommend you see your doctor to have this evaluated.

Averagedude - Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:55 am

Does this scar tissue pose a threat to my health, if this is what it is?