Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Snake like stools

Averagedude - Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:52 am

Hello, Im 21, eat Fiber One cereal as often as I can and usually have one bowel movement a day. I don't smoke at all and I don't drink often. I am very physically active.

I have had thin stools for a while now, Almost going on a year. I have no anal bleeding and about a year ago a girl and I sexually experimented and stuck a penis sized object in my rectum. It was uncomfortable and only inserted maybe 3-4 inches at most. Ever sense then I have had a horrible time with issues from "ED" (probably psychological) and identity issues.

Besides being in my head to much the only real (viewable) problems I have had are thin stools, almost every time I void. IS it possible this may have damaged something "in there" to cause me to have thin stools. Again, there was no noticable bleeding. That incident was not the first time I ever experimented with anal foreplay, and once when I was younger did experience bleeding. After this "longer ago" incident my stools seemed normal till the most recent "experience".

can something like this cause colon cancer?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:21 pm

User avatar Hi Averagedude,

Sometimes thin stools can be an indication of a narrowing of the intestines. With your trauma to the intestines it is possible that you may have developed some scar tissue that could be causing the narrowing.

I would recommend you see your doctor to have this evaluated.

Best wishes.
 Averagedude - Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:55 am

Does this scar tissue pose a threat to my health, if this is what it is?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us