Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: I have an artery showing after piercing

oakley85 - Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:52 pm

I had a piercing and a week has passed. The piercing was next to a thin piece of skin that has a small tear in it showing about one cm of a red artery. The artery is very small and I don't know what I should do. The piercing has bleed very little and I am soaking it in distilled water and Epsom salt twice A day. There is no pain just a little discomfort. Should I have it looked at or just wait, because I can easily see this small vain tearing in the future. Please let me know what I should do. Thank you very much
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:22 pm

Some veins are very close to the surface and can be visible. I think you can watch this and I doubt there will be any problems. Since you are not having bleeding, I doubt the piercing has contacted the vein. Obviously we have little vessels everywhere and that's why we bleed easily when the skin is cut but most of these do not present any problem.