Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: under right rib

star_light294 - Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:50 pm

i have been having pain under right rib for years and if i get stressed my tummy goes crazy and i strt dry heaving...i do sit at the computer forhours and my hubby reckons i squash my tummy or intestines...is that possible?....ive been having a lot of dry wind that seems to get caught under my right rib....well yesterday i found out that in 1985 when i had twins there was no screening for hepc now im scared ...how do i know i never contracted that...i cant take meds for it as ihave a thyroid condition....what are my chances and do my symptoms fit this criteria...i pray not
star
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:15 am

User avatar Hi star_light294,
I don't think you are squashing your tummy or intestines. Were you exposed to Hepatitis C when you had your children, for example, did you have a blood transfusion? If you did and are showing any signs or symptoms of hep-c make an appointment with your family doctor to discuss these concerns. The CDC has an informative website for hepatitis.
http://www.cdc.gov/ If you weren't exposed to it, then I would suggest that you may want to have your gallbladder checked out especially if certain foods make the pain on your right side worse. Alleviate your concerns and make an appointment with your family doctor.