Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: Sick feeling, fast heartrate and dizzyness

craig87 - Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:18 am

Mainly after eating i feel sick and start feeling dizzy. My heart rate beats hard and fast and i get a feeling of fear which makes my stomach ache more.
Sometimes this happens even when i have not ate, and seems to be worse later in the day.
I do not think it is indegestion or heartburn, i have taken ant-acids such as Tums and Gaviscon which do not seem to do anything.
Sometimes i can start to shake, i try to slow down my breathing but nothing helps.
I have no idea what is causing this.
Please help.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:10 pm

There are a number of possible causes for your symptoms, none of them terribly serious. Only a medical doctor can do an adequate evaluation, but the possibilities range from anxiety to hypoglygemia. You may also be sensitive to something you routinely eat or which is in more than one food or drink you commonly ingest.

My strongest suspicion is an anxiety/panic disorder problem, but I wouldn't want to ascribe your symptoms to either of these without you first being worked up for food sensitivities and hypoglygemia (the opposite of diabetes).

I hope this is helpful. Please follow up with us here if you have further questions.