Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: bloody poo from swallowing semen?

sexychick89 - Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:35 pm

after a year i think i figured out why i was getting bloody bowel movements. but i don't really understand it. I've tried researching but cant seem to find anything similar. my b/f has acid reflux disease, which i don't know if that has anything to do with this but when i swallow his cum, i will have bloody poo the next day. i wont have bloody poo any other days besides the days i give him blow jobs. with my recent boyfriend i didn't have a problem. the bloody isn't really that bright and its not really that dark either. could someone please help =/
 John Kenyon, CNA - Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:17 pm

While it seems a stretch, it is possible you are intolerant of some protein in your boyfriend's semen. This would be unusual, but following the cause-and-effect reasoning as you present it, it is a possibility.

That being said, I would still recommend you bring this to the attention of your doctor, since blood in the stools is not something you want happening. It can be perfectly innocent, but it also can be a sign of something more serious, and there's no way to be certain this is being caused by the theoretical protein allergy I mentioned above.

I hope things improve and if not, that you will bring this to the attention of a doctor -- or, if the cause-and-effect reasoning holds up, maybe either alter your sexual practices or plan on this happening with a certain predictability. (If it actually is due to a protein allergy it wouldn't likely cause any harm). I don't see how it could possibly be related to your boyfriend's GERD.

Good luck to you.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:09 am

User avatar I hope you are feeling better. Do keep us updated.