Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: bloated stomach, spike a fever

hnau - Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:32 pm

I have had this happen three times in the last month. Usually it happens for one day and is gone. This time it is lasting three days. I eat a moderate lunch, my stomach feels like a rock. I get very tired and I spike a fever over 100 degerees. I poop water. I am nauseated, but not the normal type of nausea like flu. The nausea happens when I strain or bend over. I am light headed. I have stomach pain high....by my stomach.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:42 pm

This is an odd presentation, mainly due to the fever, but that doesn't rule out some of the more likely suspects even so. One of them would be simple food contamination or spoilage, depending on where and what you eat prior to these episodes (simple food poisoning). Another would be celiac disease, which is caused by an intolerance to gluten in the diet. A third, less likely possibility is some sort of bacterial infection of the lower GI tract which never quite resolves before it gets stirred up again.

This definitely would require evaluation by a medical provider, as there are so many possible causes and the fact that it keeps recurring.

Please follow up with us and let us know how this plays out. Best of luck to you.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:10 am

User avatar I hope you are feeling better. Please keep us updated.