Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: rash, tiredness, stomach pain

elmo6 - Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:08 pm

I have been experiencing abdominal pain in the middle upper part of my stomach where the rib cage comes together. Its a pain that sometimes just aches, and other times it feels as if something is attacking it. I also am experiencing a rash on almost my entire body along with severe tiredness no matter how much I sleep. The abdominal pain starting about 4 months ago and the rash and tiredness came about a month ago. i am on prilosec 20 mg once daily and have been on it for two months and is not helping. i have anti itch cream for my rash and have taken benedryl but doesn't hlep and stopped taking it because i thought that was the reason for the tiredness. The doctors have done no tests and i don't believe they think that it hurts as bad as it does.

Emily Nelson
 BigPenguin - Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:33 pm

Emily,

I was wondering if the symptoms you are experiencing coincide with the consumption of food. I am experiencing similar symptoms that most often occur after I eat, and the doctors seem to be somewhat perplexed by what is the root cause.

If your symptoms do occur after eating I can say a bit more about what the doctors have told me.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 pm

User avatar Hi Emily -

Based on your symptoms of stomach pain, fatigue and a rash, I'm wondering if you've had hepatitis ruled out as a cause. This can, at times, cause a rash as well as profound fatigue, stomach pain and also low-grade fever and light, clay-colored stools.

This would be my best guess based on these symptoms, and Prilosec wouldn't help much if it is the case.

I hope this is helpful.
 elmo6 - Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:33 pm

no,the only thing that has been ruled out is an ulcer. they just say if it doesn't go away to come back. but i hate doctors so i never do because i am afraid of an endoscopy and thats what they say they are going to do next. I still have my abdominal pain, and right now its so bad that i haven't been able to eat the last two days. I feel almost as if I'm sick. I drank alcohol for the first time in almost nine months and I think that might be part of it. If that is, maybe hepititis could be that. about 3 months ago i started feeling faint and did faint once but that is the only new symptom. My rash went away. It just comes and goes as it pleases.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us