Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Question: Trouble Swallowing i Need Some Answers

catch4life24 - Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:03 pm

Im a 15 year old male and i have had trouble swallowing for 2 years now. It all started one day and i couldnt eat anything. It has gotten progresivley better but it has stopped getting better now i was wondering what it was. any help would be greatly appreciated.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:44 pm

User avatar Dear Guest,

What do you mean by trouble swallowing? Did you lose weight because of this problem? Are you having any other symptoms in addition to this trouble?

If you had for the last 2 years even though it was getting better, why didn't you mention it to your doctor?

Thank you very much for using our website and waiting for your reply.

Anonymous - Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:37 pm

No i havent lost any weight from this I was able to still eat but with great difficulty. It has now gotten much better but is still an irritant and i still have trouble swallowing. Also I have not had any other syptons than this one. I did go to the dr. but he said it just looked irritated and to just give it time. But it has been hard to swallow for 2 years.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:40 pm

User avatar Dear Guest,

i think if this problem has lost for so long even though it is getting better, it needs to be looked at. Usually an x-ray with a dye is done. They give you the dye to drink and then the dye is followed with x-rays along its way down to your stomach to identify any problems that might be there.

Thank you very much for using our website and i hope that this information helped.