Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: Severe bloating, rashes, and undigested bowel movements

BigPenguin - Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:24 pm

For the past three years I have been suffering with a number of symptoms that seem gastro related and occur after consuming food. When I eat (most any food) my upper stomach (right below my rib cage) will swell/puff out and hurt. In addition, I develop itchy rashes on my skin, most frequently on my shoulders near my armpits and on the inner part of my elbows. Also, I occasionally have bowel movements shortly after eating (~30 minutes) that consist mostly of the undigested food I just ate. These symptoms have recently worsened, and I am beginning to lose weight.

I have seen specialists in the past and have been tested for everything from Crohn's to celiac, but nothing seems to stick. I am going to another specialist in the near future and would like to be more involved and informed regarding this round of attempted diagnosises. Any help/ideas as to what I may be suffering from would be greatly appreciated.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:34 am

User avatar Hello,Dermatitis herpetiformis is a chronic itchy dermatosis associated with gluten sensitivity and celiac sprue.The condition would respond to gluten free diet if proved.Oral dapsone is the medical treatment for DH.