Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: Cure from eating Hawaiian Walu fish?

chapjan - Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:10 am

My husband & I ate at an upscale restaurant we LOVE where we ordered a new fish they offered called Walu. The waiter explained it is a very oily fish and recommends not eating more than one serving at a time because it may cause diarhia. Fabulous taste! & similar to sea bass. But we both became sick during the night w/vomiting & diarhia, and getting on the internet to see what we ate, & many articles tell how it makes one sick -is band in Japan/Austrailia, and at one time in the US in the 90's. Can I take a laxative to get the fish out of my system since it is not from a bacteria, ecoli, or salmonela? I am disappointed in the restaurant serving something that makes us sick, and we need to be well for work tomorrow!! What can I do now? to be well???
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:49 pm

Usually your body takes care of any offending organism without additional laxatives needed. I would not add insult to injury here.