Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: constantly sick

anit - Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:30 am

for the past few months i have been constantly sick... wether it be abdominal pain or a cold. i have stomach pains almost everyday. i have had multiple colds and the flu and i ussually have a sore throat with white patches in my mouth. i don't have my tonsils anymore i got them taken out last year. ive noticed that since they have been out i have gotten more sore throats ( i never used to get a sore throat with a cold just tonsilitis twice a year) i also have seemed to get sick ever since then with reccurent bladder infections and yeast infections. (intercourse is painful) i think my iimmune system is really weak and i don't know if there is a way to test it and see how it is. what could compromise an immune system? being sick has made me extremely depressed also which really does not help. i want to rule out any serious diseases that could cause me to be sick. i am 18 so i don't expect anything like cancer or heart disease. i went to my doctor for the pains in my stomach and bowel problems and he just put me on pariet for acid and said i might have an ulcer and if it doesnt help that he will put the camera down my throat. i just want to make sure all my problems are not related. i also don't know if i should get a flu shot or not or if there is anything that can build up my immune system if it is bad. i am also underweight. thank you
 Dr. Russell M - Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:12 pm

User avatar Hi!

Have you discussed your fears with your doctor? What are your doctor's opinions as to your queries?

bill
 anit - Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:35 pm

well i have seen my doctor about every two weeks ussually with some new symptom. like right now i have pelvic pain that wont go away, and i have no appetite, i have pain in my jaw area like where u would have ur lymphnodes i don't feel bumps there but i do get stinging pain. is there a way to check an immune system. i plan to see my doctor on monday but i don't know what to say to him im scared that he will be annoyed by me and not try to help me....
 Dr. Russell M - Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:11 am

User avatar Hi!

Usually blood tests can determine immune system deficiencies. Asking questions alone helps us understand and for doctors to serve better. If you think a doctor is annoyed by your questions, you can always decide to switch.

bill

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us