Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: Basically I'm sick and I don't know if it's serious or not.

Bambi - Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:06 pm

Well, I've got what everyone thinks is a cold. Loose flem, a cough, runny nose, sneezing, and a headache a lot of the time. My back hurts a lot but I know thats because of my scholiosis(curviture of the spine) or however you spell that. But, my concern is how I don't seem to have much of an apatite. I have skipped about 4 meals in a row and its hasent bothered me much. During that timespan I ate a tiny slice of a tangelo. I have lost 3 pounds in about 3 or 4 days. I used to weigh 120lbs and now I'm at 116lbs. I don't know why though. Is this alright or should I see a doctor??? Maybe I just worry way too much... :?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:34 pm

User avatar Dear Bambi,

This sounds like a cold to me as well, are you getting worse, better or still the same?

If you are improving, no need to worry. Getting worse, may be it is time to see a doctor. If you are still the same, you can wait a little bit to see which way this will go.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Bambi - Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:37 pm

I forgot to mention I got dumped about 4 days ago too. May that have factored in anywhere? Is this whole skipping meals thing not bad? Or when you get colds do you tend to do that?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:43 pm

User avatar Dear Bambi,

Having a cold can make you lose your appetite.