Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: NEED HELP W/CELIAC BLOOD PANEL BLOOD TESTS RESULTS

HAPPY DOG SUZ - Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:49 pm

8) Aloha,
I had a celiac blood panel test done 3 months ago
the results were IgA 51.2 and IgG 12.3 before going gluten free
I went gluten free for the next 3 months then was re- tested
the results of the next test were Iga 56.1 and IgG 4.3
my Iga has gone up and my IgG has gone down ! can you please tell me what this might
mean? my Doctor faxed me my results w/no info. He said before he know nothing about this disease. Thank You Suzanne
 Dr. Russell M - Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:42 am

User avatar Hi!

I don't have the values offhand, but have you checked with your labs as to their normal values?

bill
 HAPPY DOG SUZ - Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:10 pm

8) Aloha,
Thank you for replying! The Lab normals are 0-20 normal and 0-30 normal.
Thanks, Happy Dog

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us