Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: blood and "moldy" looking stool along with stomach pains

 jjsmommy - Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:16 am

I am 23 years old and 2 years ago when i had my son i started getting blood in my stools and it got so bad that it was about the amount of a bloody nose, my doctor said he thought it could be hemrroids due to having my son. since then i have also been having a constant pain underneath my belly button on both sides, its always there and hurts worse during bowel movements and sometimes sex. it was so bad i was checked for cysts on my overaries but none were found. i have also been having chills sleepless nights because im inthe bathroom all the time and sometimes it feels like im having anxiety attacks or asthma attacks when i have these bowel movements. last night, i had floating pellets and i couldnt get them to flush, i looked down and one of them looked like it was all moldy. white and yellow-greenish mold. what could this mean and how soon should i see a doctor? and what kind of doctor? thanks
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:59 am

User avatar Hi jjsmommy,
The specialist you would need to see is a gastroenterologist to identify any disorder or dysfuction of the stomach or intestinal tract. Abdominal pain can be caused by numerous disorders and if you are experiencing abnormal bowel movements, blood in the stool ect., I would suggest an evaluation.
Theresa Jones, RN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us