Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: no appetite,headaches,pains in abdomen

hippiechicknj - Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:45 am

I am 26 y/o female and since 11/08 I've been sick.I have no appetite. Headaches ,abdominal pain ,acid reflux and quick sudden sharp pain in muscles. And through all of this i can't sleep, i started getting panic attacks so sever that i really believe I'm having a heart attack.I never had any thing like this ever before. but since then this has come in waves. Every couple of moths or so i get really bad and i lose a lot of weight really fast when it starts. i feel like i am going crazy i had blood work for anemia and thyroid. I had an EKG and cat scan of my intestines but nothing seem to be wrong. Please help me.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:18 am

User avatar Hello,You may need professional help to tide over your anxiety state ,which is most probably causing these somatic symptoms.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us