Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: stomach ulcer? cancer?

 real_me - Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:50 pm

Hello doctor,

For about last three months I had pain in my stomach, especially after I eat nuts or any hard foods. The pain starts shortly after I eat and lasts for a few hours, right after I eat I feel nauseous and I eat much less than I used to. The pain is in my stomach and goes around to my back. Sometimes I would get this sharp pain, shooting through the body diagonally from the stomach, but it lasts only a few seconds. I feel very weak and dizzy. I went to one of the doctors that I know for a test - which is some technology that reads brain waives to show if anything is wrong with the organs. It showed inflammation of liver, intestines, gastic tract and a wound on the stomach. Also, she said that the cells are very weak, the old cells die and the new don't generate as fast as they should.

My family is saying that I should go to a doctor to check for cancer, because I have a friend that had the same sumptoms and now is diagnosed with stage 1 cancer of stomach. Should I go to the doctor or should I wait for more symptoms? What would those symptoms be?

(I'm a 24 year old female, was diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia a few years ago)
Thank you
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:36 am

User avatar Hi,
You say "I went to one of the doctors that I know for a test - which is some technology that reads brain waives to show if anything is wrong with the organs".

Do you perhaps mean "Virtual Scanning"???

(One can get lots of information regarding this 'technology' in certain journals of Alternative and complementary medicine).

I suggest that you should consult a gastroenterologist, get an upper GI endoscopy done.

Good day!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us