Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: it started out with vomiting and now i have severe rib pain

megan_etc - Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:51 am

about a month ago i went to the doctor to see about the stomach problems i had been having. he immediately diagnosed me with acid reflux and put me on prilosec otc. the stomach problems i had been having were almost immediately after waking up i might not even be nauseas but i will always puke up mucus. if i'm drinking a soda, that will come up too. well, after taking the prilosec for a couple of days my body rejected it and i got violently ill and stopped using it. immediately following that i started having severe rib pains first on the right side, then the left and now have been on the right for a couple of weeks now. i can't take a deep breath ir blow my nose because the pain is so bad. i still vomit almost daily. some of the time i get severe abdominal pain when i vomit to the point where i have to pause.
 cb - Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:43 pm

I'm not a doctor or a nurse, but could it be gallstones?