Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: it started out with vomiting and now i have severe rib pain

megan_etc - Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:51 am

about a month ago i went to the doctor to see about the stomach problems i had been having. he immediately diagnosed me with acid reflux and put me on prilosec otc. the stomach problems i had been having were almost immediately after waking up i might not even be nauseas but i will always puke up mucus. if i'm drinking a soda, that will come up too. well, after taking the prilosec for a couple of days my body rejected it and i got violently ill and stopped using it. immediately following that i started having severe rib pains first on the right side, then the left and now have been on the right for a couple of weeks now. i can't take a deep breath ir blow my nose because the pain is so bad. i still vomit almost daily. some of the time i get severe abdominal pain when i vomit to the point where i have to pause.
 cb - Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:43 pm

I'm not a doctor or a nurse, but could it be gallstones?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us