Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: abdominal pain left side

mandirose - Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:07 am

I have been having paid off and on in my left side, about an inch away from my belly button. Its a pulsating pain, and I have been havin it for about 1 mo. Its near the front of my stomach. I do not have any other symptoms.
I will have the pain one day, and then not the next. I do not drink or smoke.
Can someone please help?

Mandi
 FlippinFRACK - Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:10 pm

This probably wont help you... but I am 19 and have the exact pain... on my stomach just next to my belly button.. it is a strong pulse... much stronger than in my neck... and it is hard as a rock... i know that everyone has a pulse there b/c of a mojor artery that runs down from your neck... but it only hurts randomly... ussually everyother day or so... Unfortunaly I also suffer from constipation, blood and mucus in my stool... I have had a colonoscopy and my doctor said I have proctits.. but i don't know if that is related to this Pulse... I havnt asked him yet. Get back to me if you found out what it was, and i will do the same.
 FlippinFRACK - Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:05 pm

So today I started on Canasa Rectal Suppositories for my recently diognosed proctitis. I am having pretty bad gas pains but I don't know if it is just coincidental. I was wondering if anyone is on this same medication and their response to it. Will it work? Make my tummy stop hurting and the blood, mucus, and constipation end?