Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: abdominal pain left side

mandirose - Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:07 am

I have been having paid off and on in my left side, about an inch away from my belly button. Its a pulsating pain, and I have been havin it for about 1 mo. Its near the front of my stomach. I do not have any other symptoms.
I will have the pain one day, and then not the next. I do not drink or smoke.
Can someone please help?

Mandi
 FlippinFRACK - Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:10 pm

This probably wont help you... but I am 19 and have the exact pain... on my stomach just next to my belly button.. it is a strong pulse... much stronger than in my neck... and it is hard as a rock... i know that everyone has a pulse there b/c of a mojor artery that runs down from your neck... but it only hurts randomly... ussually everyother day or so... Unfortunaly I also suffer from constipation, blood and mucus in my stool... I have had a colonoscopy and my doctor said I have proctits.. but i don't know if that is related to this Pulse... I havnt asked him yet. Get back to me if you found out what it was, and i will do the same.
 FlippinFRACK - Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:05 pm

So today I started on Canasa Rectal Suppositories for my recently diognosed proctitis. I am having pretty bad gas pains but I don't know if it is just coincidental. I was wondering if anyone is on this same medication and their response to it. Will it work? Make my tummy stop hurting and the blood, mucus, and constipation end?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us