Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: lower right abdominal soreness

 emmsworthxxoo - Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:22 am

i have been having constant soreness above my right groin area (my belly button is center of a clock the soreness is between 8 & 9) and is most uncomfortable when i try to push urin or stool and when i cough. there is a constant pressure threr and directly straight through at same spot of my lower back. it is an isolated soreness, it almost seems contained to an area the size of newborn baby's fist. i know i'm not pregnant. i'm ALWAYS aware the soreness is there, but like i said it is more intense when pushing or clinching. i have been feeling this for 9 days, it has gotton no worse or better. i thought it may have been constipation and ook a double dose of metamucil. in morning stool was extremely pasty and the discomfort subsides only for minutes after elimination and then returned to the same intensity.
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:52 pm


I believe you should do a FBC with differential count(full blood count) and check your WBCs count...especially the neutrophils...if they are above 70-80% then you have an acute inflammation, probably it's your appendix(Appendicitis) should go and see a surgeon....but i advice you not to rush into surgery before you do a pelvic ultrasound, may be it's an ovarian cyst....which can happen alot.

let your someone do this test for you... show him/her the most tender point....let him press on it in an increasing manner, then release it all of a sudden after maximal pressure....if it hurts VERY MUCH when releasing the pressure, then it's appendicitis, that needs to be removed for as soon as possible.

Good luck:-)

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us