Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: Intestinal leakage?

pln999 - Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:40 pm

I know this could be a different topic, but I can't exclude from posting here if I'm to find the answer:

Is there any possibility that my seminal vesicles could come in contact with my intestinal wall? The color and make-up of my ejaculate has changed and I'd like to rule out any possibility of any infection or anything from my GI tract. I suppose a related question would be whether or not its possible that I could have intestinal leakage and not know about it.

I've had hemorrhoids [treated with simple rubber bands] in the past. I was also told that hemorrhoids could re-occur in the future, and right now it seems I have mild symptoms consistent with the beginnings of my first experience. I am 27 years old, and a casual drinker [4-5 drinks a week on average]. Thanks very much for your time,
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:30 pm

Fistulation into the seminal vesicles does happen and several cases have been reported.

Some of the reported causes include
- Crohn's disease of the small and large intestine causing fistulation into the seminal vesicle,
- Recto-seminal vesicular fistulae following abdomino-perineal resection for carcinoma of the rectum, and
- a case of seminal vesicular cyst which went on to form an abscess following transrectal aspiration with subsequent formation of a fistula with the rectum has been reported.
- sigmoid diverticulitis causing fistulation into seminal vesicle also has been reported.

It is extremely unlikely that it has anything to do with the banding procedure (Barron's banding). Crohn's disease diverticular disease perhaps need to be excluded in these cases as they are fairly common.

If you strongly feel that way, you should consult a urologist promptly and have it sorted out.