Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Verry worried about Bowel Movement problems...

tre2004 - Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:38 pm

EDIT---

nevermind...
read next posts..
 tre2004 - Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:22 am

well, no one has said anything, so I'm goin to take that as I don't really have anything to worry about? I was just worried cause I can't really afford to go to a doctor about it if there is really nothing major that I should be worried about, cause I don't' have insurance..

So, if anyone does have any info I would appreciate it, even if it confirms that I shouldn't be worried.

Thanx
 tre2004 - Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:38 am

I just wanted to say that I now do think that it IS hemorrhoids, because some of the things that I have read... the signs of them, and how you get them. Cause for one, I have been on methadone which has made me Constapated for A LONG TIME, I don't get any exercise, I pretty much SIT all day, or most of it, I don't get much FIBER, and allot of Straining to move your bowels,... those are some of the ways I have read that you can get them.
And some of the symptoms that I have read that I have is... when i'm done moving my bowels it feels like there is more, another thing that I have had happening that can cause them is passing VERRY HARD STOOL, kinda almost impacted.. cause there are times I will go 3 days w/out going really at all, and when I do it is ONE stool that is VERRY thick, and I read that can cause, or inflare hemorrhoids cause it will tear the inside or something... and after passing that ONE hard stool, when it feels like I have more, but can't get it out is when I usually STRAIN SOOOO much trying to get it out, so hard that it hurts my head, like all the blood is rushing to my head. And after that when I wipe is usually when I see Mucas looking Fluid on the toillet paper, that is another sign of hemorrhoids..
I need to get some of that stuff that you put in water and drink for Fiber to soften the stool, stop the Straining, eat a better diet, get some exercise and hopefully it will go away. I hope that it isn't bad enough where I will have to go to a doctor about it.. usually that is only when the hemorrhoid is outside of the anus.

If there is anything else you guys could suggest to get rid of hemorrhoids I would really appreciate it.. What is a good drink you can get for fiber? Like citricel or whatever, isn't there one called metamucil or something? I don't know how to spell them, and don't have time to look them up..
but if you have any info I would really appreciate it..
thanx

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us