Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: Verry worried about Bowel Movement problems...

tre2004 - Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:38 pm

EDIT---

nevermind...
read next posts..
 tre2004 - Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:22 am

well, no one has said anything, so I'm goin to take that as I don't really have anything to worry about? I was just worried cause I can't really afford to go to a doctor about it if there is really nothing major that I should be worried about, cause I don't' have insurance..

So, if anyone does have any info I would appreciate it, even if it confirms that I shouldn't be worried.

Thanx
 tre2004 - Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:38 am

I just wanted to say that I now do think that it IS hemorrhoids, because some of the things that I have read... the signs of them, and how you get them. Cause for one, I have been on methadone which has made me Constapated for A LONG TIME, I don't get any exercise, I pretty much SIT all day, or most of it, I don't get much FIBER, and allot of Straining to move your bowels,... those are some of the ways I have read that you can get them.
And some of the symptoms that I have read that I have is... when i'm done moving my bowels it feels like there is more, another thing that I have had happening that can cause them is passing VERRY HARD STOOL, kinda almost impacted.. cause there are times I will go 3 days w/out going really at all, and when I do it is ONE stool that is VERRY thick, and I read that can cause, or inflare hemorrhoids cause it will tear the inside or something... and after passing that ONE hard stool, when it feels like I have more, but can't get it out is when I usually STRAIN SOOOO much trying to get it out, so hard that it hurts my head, like all the blood is rushing to my head. And after that when I wipe is usually when I see Mucas looking Fluid on the toillet paper, that is another sign of hemorrhoids..
I need to get some of that stuff that you put in water and drink for Fiber to soften the stool, stop the Straining, eat a better diet, get some exercise and hopefully it will go away. I hope that it isn't bad enough where I will have to go to a doctor about it.. usually that is only when the hemorrhoid is outside of the anus.

If there is anything else you guys could suggest to get rid of hemorrhoids I would really appreciate it.. What is a good drink you can get for fiber? Like citricel or whatever, isn't there one called metamucil or something? I don't know how to spell them, and don't have time to look them up..
but if you have any info I would really appreciate it..
thanx