Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: should I go to the doctors or what

whattodo - Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:04 pm

hi
I have been having stomach problems for the last couple of days, I went out for lunch with my friend and I had this thing with seseme seeds on it and since them my stomach has been up set and I kept feeling like I was going to throw up and I have been having troubles with my eyes, it hurts when I look from side to side or up and down. And, that went on it started on tuesday afternoon and I got no sleep tuesday night and still no vomiting but by wednesday evening I was feeling so sick that I could hardly walk cause I felt really weak, I felt like I was going to I was thirsty and hungry and when I tried eating or drinking it felt fine when I swallowed but then it would get worse. finally wednesday night-thursday morning at like 12:30 am I threw up a few times so I took some petobismal and now I have diarreah and nausea and I have never seen stuff this color before. And, I am hungry but can't eat I put something in my mouth and I feel like I will throw up again and it taste like seseme seeds, and since the nasea started I back has been killing me. it hurts so bad mostly on my left side and I still feel weak and the back pain seems to be getting worse.
I have a pretty high tolerence for pain but this is grosse.
And it is keeping me away from work and school and I can't affrod to miss either.
should I go to the urgent care at my doctors or just grin and bare it?
Please Help me ASAP Thanks
 melzbelz - Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:05 pm

Hey I think you need to go to the doctor as soon as possible. It could be a case of food poisoning, which can get so bad. I had food poisoning from some bad chicken like 3 weeks ago and I am still not totally ok. I'm going to the doctor tomm. and I think you need to also. You don't want it getting any worse then it already is. It does sound like food poisoning...you ate at a chinese restraunt didn't you? People are always getting food poisoning from places like that. Anyways, good luck
-mel

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us