Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Rectal pain & spotting - colonoscopy normal

bepette - Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:45 am

I just had a colonoscopy done and it came out fine, there was nothing there. I had it done after I told the doctor that I thought I had hemorrhoids. She checked me and didn't see them out, so we figured it was internal. It feels like there's something right at the rectum, and there's pressure. Also, when I wake up or after I rest for a while, the pain is not there as much, but as move around or sit for a while, the pain gets worse. But the doctor didn't see anything there, he asked if perhaps they were sympathy pains since my dad was recently diagnosed with rectal cancer.

I have been spotting for about 3 weeks now. and have had problems with my periods. Could any of this be related???

Thanks!
 DeLWolcott - Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:25 pm

Anything is possible. I would be interested in knowing if the pain you are feeling is fully around the anus, or is it mostly in the area of the vaginal/rectal wall?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us