Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: Abdominal Pain/Bowel Movement.

jinkus - Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:14 pm

I have been experiencing pain for the last week in my abdominal area. The pain is very strange in the fact that it is there when I pass wind or when i am opening my bowels. If I press hard in my lower abdominal area it cause the pain to worsen, the pain is not extreme but is a concern. If I get up suddenly the pain is also there.

As far as I am aware I am not passing blood, and my stools appear normal. I have noticed I have been needed to pass wind alot more since the pain started.

Any help or advice would be much appriciated as its starting to concern me.

Thanks in advance.

Jinkus
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:33 am

User avatar If you are having no problems with any constipation or loose stools, it could be gas that is trapped. The pain is sharp and can get worse at times.

Try taking Gas X (any generic called simethicone will do). Antacids won't help; they are for acid indigestion. Watch the foods you eat, avoid dairy for awhile, broccoli and caulflower will do it and of course, beans. Take beano before you eat anything too.

If these measures don't give you relief, do see a doctor.