Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Liver Diseases

Question: I know elevated liver enzymes don't mean anything

Anonymous - Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:40 pm

but, if I was feeling normal, I wouldn't mind.

The body is an amazing machine, and I'm surprised I how people are well all the time.

Persistent fatigue, muscle weakness, and... post nasal drip?

I am wondering, (since I have elevated liver enzymes twice normal what ALL the possibilities could be). I know I have "student syndrome"

All the possibilities of 2x liver enzymes. (AST/ALT) 20 y/o male five five (168 cm) dx with severe allergy to dust mites. NO NO NO Etoh, supplements.

I think what was dx as Idiopathic short stature possibly related to celiac. Its not addison/cushing not overweight, thyroid OK. My grandma had celiac.

I would appreciate it if you consider my case, and give me all reasons for liver enzymes.
 pugwoman - Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:25 pm

I have recently been diagnosed with pbc. I have been having ear and neck pain, especially when I yawn...I had vertigo once a while back, but hasn't returned. have had ears checked out for infection already...could it be another autoimmune disease as I have heard it is likely to have more than one? thank you

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us