Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: Possible Diverticulitis?

mussinc - Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:18 am

I am a 37 year old male in good health and weight. Lately I have been waking almost every morning with pressure/pain in my lower front left side near my left hip bone. It feels as though I have to urinate very badly, but when I go it seems normal and the pressure subsides after an hour of waking. When I have this pain I also experience a pain in the mid back section of my back along my spine. I have had difficulty passing stools lately and never really seem to complete the passing when I do go. I either still feel like there is more that just will not pass or have to suddenly go again within minutes. I have not noticed any blood in my stool, but the pressure always seems to be there. When trying to pass I found that if I push in the area that is sore I either pass a large amount of gas or pass a stool. I have gained about 15-20 pounds within the last 3 weeks all in my stomach. I feel very bloated and uncomfortable most of the time, especially after eating. I have done some research and came to the conclusion that I might have Diverticulosis or Diverticulitis...any input would be helpful.
 mussinc - Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:47 pm

I recently stopped chewing tobacco after approx. 15 years, I have been tobacco/nicotine free for 70 days. I also drink alot of Mountian Dew which I know is not good. :roll: