Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Possible Diverticulitis?

mussinc - Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:18 am

Hello,
I am a 37 year old male in good health and weight. Lately I have been waking almost every morning with pressure/pain in my lower front left side near my left hip bone. It feels as though I have to urinate very badly, but when I go it seems normal and the pressure subsides after an hour of waking. When I have this pain I also experience a pain in the mid back section of my back along my spine. I have had difficulty passing stools lately and never really seem to complete the passing when I do go. I either still feel like there is more that just will not pass or have to suddenly go again within minutes. I have not noticed any blood in my stool, but the pressure always seems to be there. When trying to pass I found that if I push in the area that is sore I either pass a large amount of gas or pass a stool. I have gained about 15-20 pounds within the last 3 weeks all in my stomach. I feel very bloated and uncomfortable most of the time, especially after eating. I have done some research and came to the conclusion that I might have Diverticulosis or Diverticulitis...any input would be helpful.
 mussinc - Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:47 pm

I recently stopped chewing tobacco after approx. 15 years, I have been tobacco/nicotine free for 70 days. I also drink alot of Mountian Dew which I know is not good. :roll:

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us