Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: right lower quadrant abdominal pain

tenshiblue - Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:26 am

I've been having right lower quadrant abdominal pain whenever I walk for an extended periods of time. I don't have s/s of fever, nausea, vomiting, anorexia, or abdominal swelling. This pain has been with me for a few month now, it only happens when I walk. Can someone give some recommendations as to what it is?
 Najah - Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:43 am

Hi
you did not mention the nature of your pain ,is it colicky or dull pain .you need to be investigated by ultasound of the abdomen and x-ray of the spine to exclude a referred pain from the spine so you need to consult your doctor.
 VIRGOWI - Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:22 am

I am a female, age 41 and usually have no health problems. The only surgeries I have had is a total hysterectomy about 7 years ago.

But, over the past several months, I have been having lower right abdominal pain. The last month it has gotten more intense and bothersome. At times, like a stabbing pain, other times a dull pulling ache. Now I have nausea on a daily basis. I feel really bad almost all of the time now. The lower right of my back hurts (sometimes to the point even when I take a breath) My bowels are unpredictable, loose one day and then nothing for two days, then constipated.

I had some blood in my stool a few weeks ago. So my physician had a colonoscopy, scope and ultrasound done. But they say all looks normal. Said they may do a CT Scan. I am to the point I do not know what is wrong, but I know my body and something is going on. Sometimes is hurts to lay on my stomach when I sleep. Tired of hurting and feeling bad. I do not want to take a lot of medication to hide the symptoms, I want to find out what is wrong.

Do you have any advise?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us