Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: right lower quadrant abdominal pain

tenshiblue - Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:26 am

I've been having right lower quadrant abdominal pain whenever I walk for an extended periods of time. I don't have s/s of fever, nausea, vomiting, anorexia, or abdominal swelling. This pain has been with me for a few month now, it only happens when I walk. Can someone give some recommendations as to what it is?
 Najah - Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:43 am

Hi
you did not mention the nature of your pain ,is it colicky or dull pain .you need to be investigated by ultasound of the abdomen and x-ray of the spine to exclude a referred pain from the spine so you need to consult your doctor.
 VIRGOWI - Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:22 am

I am a female, age 41 and usually have no health problems. The only surgeries I have had is a total hysterectomy about 7 years ago.

But, over the past several months, I have been having lower right abdominal pain. The last month it has gotten more intense and bothersome. At times, like a stabbing pain, other times a dull pulling ache. Now I have nausea on a daily basis. I feel really bad almost all of the time now. The lower right of my back hurts (sometimes to the point even when I take a breath) My bowels are unpredictable, loose one day and then nothing for two days, then constipated.

I had some blood in my stool a few weeks ago. So my physician had a colonoscopy, scope and ultrasound done. But they say all looks normal. Said they may do a CT Scan. I am to the point I do not know what is wrong, but I know my body and something is going on. Sometimes is hurts to lay on my stomach when I sleep. Tired of hurting and feeling bad. I do not want to take a lot of medication to hide the symptoms, I want to find out what is wrong.

Do you have any advise?