Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: help I am so scared... burning fluid leaking in abdomen??

barbmill711 - Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:19 pm

HI-

Looking for some help please. I am a 35 yr old woman, with a thin frame. I have been having unexplainable abdominal pain for a year now that is associated with eating..occurs about 30-45 min after and a dull pain that has become constant. I also have nausea with it. My only other symptom was some blood in the stool intermittently in which they found a small rectal ulcer.
Finally after multiple exams the doctor thinks i may have biliary dyskinesia. I saw a surgeon 3 days ago who sent me for a HIDA scan ..I will follow up with him in 3 more days for my results. Anyway..since I saw him my pain has taken a strange turn and has become A BURNING PAIN MOSTLY ON RIGHT SIDE..THAT goes around the the right flank and everytime I eat it feels like burning fluid is leaking down the front of my abdomen and down my back...it happens after I eat or drink. it literally feels like it is "DRIPPING:I am so scared but I don't want to go to the ER and I don't have a fever and no vomiting..just noted my pulse has been about a 100. Any suggestions??? could this be serious????
 DName - Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:40 am

hi,
I am medical student from Croatia, and your simptoms go with diagnose that your doctor made,you stated that since your last visit your simptoms have gone worse. Make shure that you take a diet that he/she recomended, especialy the part concerning lipids and other fat, your biliary tract, because of its dyskinesia, probably can not deliver as much bile as digestion of certain lipids and fat needs. If the pain and symptoms continue please contact your MD.