Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: stomach problems

 myliljayden - Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:50 am

Hello please help. I have having stomach pains that come and go, but lately the pain behind my belly button and to the sides. I feel it almost like a cramping sensation where it is temporarily relieved when I pass gas, but comes right back. If I press down on the area it hurts quite a bit. In addition to this, I have a problem eating food at certain times of the morning. Matter of fact, I cannot eat most things in the morning. As soon as I eat I need to use the rest room as my stomach will be on fire I had an edoscopy done before, and they said something about some type of gas something... (whatever I think it was minor) My diet : I don't eat red meat, only chicken, don't eat fish really either. haven't been consuming a lot of dairy lately either. I don't eat junk food/candy, nor soda. Please help me get some answers I have been on acifex and zoloft and neither has worked. Doctors cannot find what's wrong.
 angel2close - Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:32 pm

You have a lot going on here but you also may have part of the answer. You need to see your doctor again and find out exactly what his/her diagnosis is. You need to know what the diagnosis is, not just the name, but what it means in layman's terms. Understanding what is wrong should help you to better cope and manage your problems, and in turn help you to feel better. Be certain to communicate the fact that your present medication does not seem to be helping, and relay all of your symptoms. You may also need to review your diet with him/her and get written instructions as to dietary restrictions, etc.
 KMMTSL - Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:51 pm

:?: I am not sure if I am doing this right. Says I have to post another a topic already here. I have a lump in my stomach a inch or two above my belly button. Don't know how long it has been there. It hurts a little when I push on it. My jeans were tight around my waist is how I noticed it. It is a little bigger than a marble. Not soft or hard....kind of in between. Just don't have a clue of what it can be. Don't seem to have any other symptoms.
 angel2close - Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:12 am

From the way you have described it, you may possibly have a hernia. A hernia is a "tear" in the muscle. Hernias are very common and when they are very small they can be only a bother. You need to see your physician in order to know if this is indeed your problem.
 hanya - Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:38 pm

Not sure if this is the proper way to post a question, but here it is: I am 47 yr old female, had my gallbladder removed in March of this year. I am still having pain/pressure in my RUQ, feels like my gallbladder is still there. CT scan came back normal. It is very difficult for me to sit because of the pain which seems to emanate under my ribs to the right side. Any ideaa??
 KMMTSL - Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:44 pm

Someone thought that I may have a hernia in my stomach. If you do could it be an inch or two above your belly button? I am going to the Doctor on Monday but just thought maybe someone would know. It is a small lump on the inside above it.
 YoMan - Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:36 pm

I recent thought the pain was because of too much drinking..I have pain under my rib cage...not sever but disconfronting enough...I also get shooting pains in my LRQ and ULQ. Its scary to me cause my doctor has no idea whats going on..please help

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us