Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: doctors please help 2 months of severe sickness

brandycable - Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:34 pm

for the past 2 months every time i eat, no matter if its a meal or just a cracker i get nauseous or vomit. EVERY TIME. my eating pattern hasnt changed but in 2 months i have gained 30 pounds. I have bad muscle aches and have trouble getting to sleep. I cannot eat without getting sick. Whether i eat or not i am nauseous all day long. please help if you have any ideas of what may be wrong with me > Please I am miserable.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:55 pm

User avatar Please refer to this page for a list of possible causes to your nausea.
vomiting/vomiting1.htm" class="postlink">Click here!
One strong possibility is psychogenic. Have you sought direct medical advice?
 smiles4ever - Wed May 26, 2004 8:35 pm

dear brandy,
I truly sympathize with you as I have gone through the same symptoms for the past 3 years or so........it was finally diagnosed as "gastroparesis" please check it out!
-melanie

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us