Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: Rectal Pain & Bleeding with every BM

onlinehelp - Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:30 am

My apologies; I'm new to the forum and I think I might have posted this in the wrong area so I'm reposting:

When having BM’s I've been bleeding for approx 2 months.

I've always gone to the bathroom at least 2 - 3 times each day but for the past 2 months EVERY time I have a BM I have bright red blood on the tissue paper and sometimes in the toilet.

Now for the past week or so when having a BM I've began experiencing pain. This pain is with the first passage, it then eases up slightly, but I experience it every time I have a BM.

Before the bleeding started over 2 months ago I experienced burning, itching and irritation which I still have.

Not sure if age is a factor; if so, I'm middle aged.

Could this be hemorrhoids even though I’m NEVER constipated, not over or under weight; don’t strain with BM's, don’t sit on the toilet for prolonged periods of time OR could it be something more serious??

Thanks for any assistance and or direction.
 R. Zein, Pharm D - Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:48 pm

User avatar dear
i suggest that you see a physician, gastrologist, since you symptoms have been for 2 months, i suggest that you do not wait.

u said u had itching, burning, and then blood in stools, this could be hemorrhoids, though u mentioned u do not have risk factors.

it could be also, other digestive system related problem.
i recommend that you take care of this, before it worsens.

i hope you feel better. thank you very much