Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Rectal Pain & Bleeding with every BM

onlinehelp - Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:30 am

My apologies; I'm new to the forum and I think I might have posted this in the wrong area so I'm reposting:

When having BM’s I've been bleeding for approx 2 months.

I've always gone to the bathroom at least 2 - 3 times each day but for the past 2 months EVERY time I have a BM I have bright red blood on the tissue paper and sometimes in the toilet.

Now for the past week or so when having a BM I've began experiencing pain. This pain is with the first passage, it then eases up slightly, but I experience it every time I have a BM.

Before the bleeding started over 2 months ago I experienced burning, itching and irritation which I still have.

Not sure if age is a factor; if so, I'm middle aged.

Could this be hemorrhoids even though I’m NEVER constipated, not over or under weight; don’t strain with BM's, don’t sit on the toilet for prolonged periods of time OR could it be something more serious??

Thanks for any assistance and or direction.
 R. Zein, Pharm D - Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:48 pm

User avatar dear
i suggest that you see a physician, gastrologist, since you symptoms have been for 2 months, i suggest that you do not wait.

u said u had itching, burning, and then blood in stools, this could be hemorrhoids, though u mentioned u do not have risk factors.

it could be also, other digestive system related problem.
i recommend that you take care of this, before it worsens.

i hope you feel better. thank you very much

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us