Question: Depo-Provera

Millie420 - Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:23 pm

I have been on Depo-Provera for about a year now and my next shot is on December 29, 2005. A couple of weeks ago I got my period and it lasted for about a week and then it stopped. My questions are can I get pregnant after I have my period while on Depo and why are my periods lasting for 2 weeks when it is so close to my next shot.
 York - Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:57 pm

No, you cannot get pregant on depo while on your period. It inhibits ovulation. Your periods may become more and more irregular as time passes. When I was on it- almost 4 years- they stopped completely. If you are still freaked out bring it up with the doctor at your next shot.
 wolfman woman - Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:37 pm

I have been on the depo for 4 years. Last shot was in Aug. Didn't get the shot on Nov 6, because we want another baby. I have had some spotting but not alot of bleeding. I am having signs of being pregant. Sore sore sore breast and bathroom trips very often. Also sick on tummy alot. I took a home test and it was neg. could it be wrong. I heard depo shots effect the test. Or did I test to soon? Please help
 Anxious - Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:45 pm

I was on the depo for 6 months, 2 shots and from heavy bleeding i decided that I should get off. The Dr. gave me birth control to help with the bledding while the depo injection was still in my system. I know have heavy bleeding, because I decided that I would like to have another child. By me taking the extra birth control method will that have a longer wait time for me to be able to concieve?