Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Itching and Cut

 TrinaBina - Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:32 am

I have been having recurring vaginal problems for quite some time now, several years. It seems that almost every time after having sex I become extremely irritated and have severe itching. This can last for several days, up to a week or so. Some of the time these symptoms are accompanied by two almost "paper cut" looking slits on either side of my anus that sting. They are not deep at all but are about an inch long. Also occuring sometimes is a tiny little cut, almost like a dot, in the same spot each time on my clitoris. Just recently I had sex with my partner and became very itchy and could not stop scratching this one area. I now have a tiny slit looking cut about 1/4 inch long on my labia minora. I've gone to the doctor for this but havn't had any luck. Does anyone know what this could be or have similar problems yourself? It is so irritating and frusterating. I just want to find an end to all of this!! Thank you :D
 Stephanielou - Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:42 pm

I have no credentials, so this is just a shot in the dark from my own expereinces.

I used to have very itchy and irritated episodes after sex. After we got married we stopped using condoms and all of a sudden it stopped. The only other time that I experienced this irritation was when we used a synthetic lubricant.

I never had a doctor confirm, but I diagnosed myself as being allergic to the lubricants that are used on condoms. We don't use it at all any more and I have not had a problem since.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us