Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Irregular Menstral Periods

stepame1222@hotmail.com - Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:41 am

Hi! I have a question my periods usually come around the same time each month, ususally, but this month is a little different. My cycle just ended on either the 7th or 8th of this month, and today is has begun again. Now I've heard a cycle can be every 14 to 21 days but I don't know if this is the case. Do you think something is wrong or is this fairly normal?
 Dr. Russell M - Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:26 am

User avatar Hi!

Most cycles occur between 21-35 days with 3-10 days of bleeding and 30-40 mL of blood loss.

bill
 LaHello - Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:34 pm

Hello! I'm almost 17 years old, and throughout my menstrual cycle, it has changed to mayed beggining to middle, middle to end and then make to beggining of the month. I usually get my period in the middle of the month currently and its towards the end of the month, im a virgin still so i couldnt be pregnant. Is there anything or any myth i could do to make my period come a little quicker? Please reply. Thank you!!
 MidnightRose - Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:56 pm

My period ended around June 20th, and last week after I used the restroom, I noticed that I was bleeding... I was not bleeding heavily, but it did not end until later that night... Today I noticed that I was bleeding again, however not as heavily... I am a virgin and am not on any medication, or BCM (pill or otherwise)... I usually experience cramps during my cycle, but have had none... I can't figure out why I would be bleeding... Please help!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us