Question: Hair loss in pregnancy

mrsmaylemann - Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:08 am

My hair is falling out all of a sudden at an alarming rate. I know it is common to have it fall out AFTER you give birth but what about while you are still pregnant? I am 13 weeks and this is my third pregnancy. In my first 2 pregnancies I had thick, full hair and it fell out and went back to normal months later. Now my hair is dull, limp and falling out. What is to blaim for this?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:38 am

User avatar Hi mrsmaylemann,
Hair loss during pregnancy is less common than after pregnancy and may indicate a possible vitamin/mineral deficiency, endocrine dysfunction, etc. I would strongly suggest that you inform your physician of this so that the causative factor can be identified.
 mrsmaylemann - Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:03 pm

I am going back to the doc tomorrow and I will be sure to let him know. Thanks for the fast responce.