Question: Very Irregular Periods

MagicDream - Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:39 pm

I'm 18 years old. I started my period when I was about 11. I have very irregular cycles. One time I didn't get my period for 4 months. Now it lasts longer than 2 weeks at a time and when it finally stops I get it again within a few days. I thought maybe reasons for this could be that I lost around 40 pounds last year and I am a vegitarian. I think if I see a doctor they might just tell me it's irregular because I'm still young. Do I need to see a doctor? Could something be wrong with me?
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:55 pm

User avatar How much do you weigh, how tall are you, and do you still get enough protien and a balanced diet being a vegetarian?
You do need to see a doctor, and don't worry, they won't tell you it is irregular just because you are young. This is to extreme to just attribute to being young.