Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: O- c/K fetomaternal alloimmunisation

Dasein - Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:31 am

Thank you in advance ... When maternal blood type is O-, should testing for c/K negative/alloimmunisation be included, or is this a matter of course. Would you kindly elucidate as I am having a little difficulty in fast- tracking comprehension with regards general practice. Or provide links. Any appropriate input would be very much appreciated.
 Dasein - Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:07 am

Hooray ! I have finally found a lab. that provides Foetal DNA Genotyping via Maternal Plasma for D K and c (at no cost too!).

To anyone who is frustrated at being met with ridicule and incredulity regarding cutting-edge or generally obscure information, testing etc, take no notice of naysayers, success just takes a little more perseverance laced with a pinch of defiance ... ne dites pas jamais.

Thanks to all who considered responding to my query. To anyone who can still edify me further with regards to K/c, please do ... just because I have found a testing facility by no means implies my comprehension is any the more the advanced.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us