Question: light vaginal bleeding

cupcake300 - Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:03 am

I had intercourse 5 days ago, and have been bleeding every since, its not a lot, i only have to use one liner a day, but it worries me that i might have and abrasion. I have an IUD, and do you think that mabey the end was bent and may be sticking me inside? I have no pain, and my menstral cycle is still two weeks away. I am 31 yrs old, and have a family history of endometriosis, and early menopause, could that have anything to do with it? If it is just an abrasion, how long does it usually take them to heal? the blood is a bright red, not like my usuall menstral color.
 Dr. Russell M - Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:07 am

User avatar Hi!

When was your last pap smear taken, and what of it?
 cupcake300 - Tue May 04, 2004 5:02 pm

my last pap was a year ago, I am due for another now, but i did have one cyst on my left, and a hemoraging cyst on my right, the doc sent me home and i had to go back 3 months later, and they were cleared up, so he wasnt concerned. I told him of my family history, early menopase, and endometiriosis, but he said since i am past the age most the women in my family has problems he thinks I may have been the lucky one. Who knows. The bleeding did stop, it took about 7 days. I am having a normal menstral cycle now, and it is like it is sopposed to be, with harsh pms. BTW thank You for resopning to my post Bill. I really do appreciate it. :)
 Dr. Russell M - Tue May 04, 2004 8:21 pm

User avatar Hi!

Good to hear that you're doing well. I did not think it to be the 'IUD stickin from within,' though I would still advise you to have a cervical checkup to rule out causes other than abrasions.

Warm regards,

bill