Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Peeing in blood and stools.

 jet1982 - Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:35 pm

I've just been active in sex recently after a 3 years lay off. Recently, after a long weekend with my boyfriend, my vaginal area was sore, but no bleeding. I've been having fever after that and also noticed blood in my urine and my stools. I'm experiencing lower adbominal discomfort and pain while I pee. I had UTI before. However,during the last few months, my period had been irregular and with 1 cycle heavy and 1 cycle very light. Also, my discharge in between period is lumpy, yellowish tinge. I don't know what it is that I'm experiencing, but its making me uncomfortable. Please help...
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:50 am

User avatar Hello jet1982,

I think you need to pay a visit to your doctor as soon as possible. The fact that you are bleeding in your urine and stools and experience heavy bleeding at times could point towards a bleeding or coagulation disorder.

It may be that your irregular menses are a result of hormonal imbalance but the fact that you are bleeding in your stools and urine alone, warrants a visit to your doctor.

Best regards.
 jet1982 - Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:01 am

I've already paid the Doctor a visit. I was diagnosed with stones in kidneys, which is why I'm experiencing bleeding while peeing and also the blood in stool caused by piles. But somehow I'm more worried about contracting STDs or any infection. I've read a lot about yeast infection. Please advise..
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:16 pm

User avatar Hello again,

The 3 most common causes of vaginitis are bacterial vaginosis, vulvovaginal candidiasis (yeast infection) and trichomoniasis.[1] Vaginal discharge may also result from sexually transmitted diseases such as gonorrhea or chlamydia.

A white, curdlike discharge that looks like cottage cheese is a classic sign of yeast infection. Yellow, green or gray discharge is usually a sign of trichomonas or bacterial vaginosis. Bacterial vaginosis also has an unusual, fishy odor.[1] Gonorrhea and chlamydia usually don't cause any symptoms at all. In some cases they present as a new vaginal discharge accompanied by fever, abdominal pain or pain during intercourse.

Since you do have lower abdominal discomfort and fever plus discharge you are strongly recommended to get it checked out.

Itching is usually most noticeable with a yeast infection, though it may occur with any type of infection or irritation.

I strongly advise you to always use condoms and also if you have the slightest suspicion of STDs to get checked at an STD clinic or a genito-urinary specialist.

Best regards.

1. Carr PL, Felsenstein D, Friedman RH. Evaluation and management of vaginitis. J Gen Intern Med 1998;13:335-46, and Sobel JD. Vaginitis. N Engl J Med 1997;337:1896-903.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us