Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Spotting abnormal bleeding

 mrscanada01 - Tue May 04, 2004 2:38 pm

I had a question regarding abnormal spotting. I am a 24 year old Female with PCO my last menstration was Oct/03 which is normal for me. I recently have has spotting for approx 2 weeks now. Normally I would encounter heaving bleeding when my mentration comes after so long. I had my annual physical done in Feb/04 and pap came back clear should I worry and see my OBGYN or wait ti out?
 doctoroda - Mon May 10, 2004 3:42 am

Hello, I think you should seek the help of your OB-GYNEcologist. Long interval of menstruation is not normal, your have hormonal imbalances that's why you have these irregular menstruation. Your Gynecologist will determine which hormones are out of control or determine if you also have some problems with your ovary.Early consultation will lead to a very good result.


| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us